Dear Church Family and Friends of TBC,
Well, I like many of you, are trying to dig out after yesterday’s snowstorm. I just came in from shoveling a bit more this morning; the cold and wind make this a little difficult. Whether snow or rain, hot or cold, we can praise the Lord that He is in control!
As we look ahead to Sunday together, I will bring a morning message called “Living for God’s Glory.” It is my prayer and desire that such a timely message will challenge us and encourage us with what really is important in this life. I ask you – what are you living for? For the evening service at 6, I speak on “Consulting over the Crucifixion” from Matthew 26 in preparation for our observance of the Lord’s Table together.
– This Sunday afternoon is our Friends Village Ministry in Woodstown at 3. Pray that the singing, Bible message, and conversation with the residents there will be meaningful and uplifting.
– There is orchestra practice Sunday night at 5 pm. Those who serve in this ministry please be aware of this.
– The Youth Group will meet next Friday from 7-9. This ministry is off to a great start (started in October 2017). Young people in grades 6-12 meet monthly for fun, fellowship, service, and Bible lesson.
– The annual business meeting in Jan. 28th; nomination ballots are going out and need to be returned by Jan. 21st. If you did not get one yet, I will give you one on Sunday.
– The next ladies fellowship and book study is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 6:30 at Kathy Thomas’ home. A practical, yet challenging new book on some of the attributes of God has been ordered… None Like Him by Jen Wilkin. Here is a link of a short review… https://www.challies.com/book-reviews/none-like-him/. A sign up sheet has been posted at church for those interested. The cost of the book is just $4. If you can’t make the monthly fellowships but would like a copy of the book, feel free to sign up also.
May God richly bless you. Stay warm and safe. See you all on Sunday morning, Lord willing.