Dear Church Family and Friends of TBC,
I hope this weekly communication finds you well. In just a few short days, we will gather once gather for our Sunday services. As I say from time to time, Sunday is the highlight of my week as a pastor. I love worshipping the Lord together with you, I welcome and anticipate the fellowship, and I look forward to learning and growing together as the Word of God is preached and taught.
This Sunday we will continue morning series with a message from 1 Peter 4:12-19 “Facing Fiery Trials.” There is a lot here to digest regarding instructions for dealing with trials and affliction. We will also have the joy of being admonished in song by the choir. For our evening service we will study Proverbs chapter 2 – “Wisdom’s Promise and Protections.”
– Most of you are aware that Evangelist Billy Graham died this week. We can be praying for the working of God’s Spirit through the gospel as people hear it again through the funeral service and other clips of his life and ministry. While we can appreciate his preaching the gospel to multitudes, we recognize his ecumenical evangelism was misguided and unbiblical. I found a fair and balanced short article on this that might be of some value… https://www.churchworksmedia.com/2018/02/22/grace-truth-billy-graham/.
– The next Youth Group is March 9th from 6-9. It will be held at the Eachus’ home and includes dinner. All those in grades 6-12 are welcome!
– The next ladies fellowship is March 13th at 6:30.
– The next men’s breakfast is March 17th at 8. A sign up sheet is posted at church. Invite a friend!
– We are once again having an adult fellowship dinner at Green Olive in Hopewell Township. The date is March 22nd at 6. We will have a separate room and separate checks for each person or couple. You will be able to order off the menu. Sign up at church!
Would you be praying with me for visitors and for God’s working among us at TBC! See you Sunday.